2013年7月18日木曜日

Day 1

Day 1 in Tokyo.

Me and my three boys arrived at my parents house just after 6:00 pm on July 17. My mom had dinner ready for us. I was pretty tired so we went to bed nice and early. 

This morning we all got up bright and early. We had a nice shower and bath and enjoyed our first By Design breakfast. 

Then we decided to go out. We went to Kichijoji and checked out our all time favorite electronic store Yodobashi Camera. Kids enjoyed "gacha-gacha" and some arcade games. I bought the Japanese version Just Dance Wii 2 so my boys can keep rocking their dance moves in Tokyo. 

Then we visited my dad at the hospital. He had dialysis and was back in his bed eating late lunch. He looked so very happy to see us and even had some tears. He said that none of the family members had visited him since he went back to the hospital. Yes, very sad. But my mom hurt her back big time and she is still recovering. She rarely goes out, which is a problem in itself. 
The staff there was all surprised to see the kids. Apparently Dad never told them about his grandsons. I felt kinda bad because we were that much disconnected from him for so long. He was literally skin and bone. His legs looked almost thinner than my arms.





I had chance to talk to a care coordinator there. She wanted to know what the family's plan would be about Dad. If we want to look after him at home or we will have him in a "home". Definitely something that needs to be decided on soon. 

I kept my visit short today as I had all three boys with me. Next time I will come alone and spend some time chatting with him and mobilizing him a bit. 

As I was leaving, I told him to try working on moving his legs. He said "They won't move."  I said "They don't. You move them."  Then he said " You sound like the nurses here."  Yes of course Dad. 

After seeing him today I am more determined to come and see him as often as possible while I'm here.

I sent my boys home and I had some me  time. I got a bit emotional thinking about my dad, what step I would take next. Having Starbucks in Japan was very much appreciated. 



Dinner today was mostly to my requests. Some non By Design items there but it was awesome to enjoy fish from the sea. 


We also got to meet our neighbors. So nice to see them again. 

There you go. Day 1 was pretty awesome.

Tomorrow I'm taking the boys to Tokyo Sky Tree. It will be fun. 

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿