2013年7月28日日曜日

Day 11

Day 11: Handsome boys and sweaty WOD

This morning I took the boys out to a hair salon and got them all trimmed. My middle son wanted to dye his hair purple. Maybe when we get back to Canada, I will let him. He's such a punk.


I sent the boys home from there, told them to ask my mom to make them lunch. I said they could have whatever she could make, and they were all very happy.
I hurried my way to Reebok CrossFit Musashino. I was late, and they were mostly done the mobility.
Today's WOD was 5 rounds for time of 15 DB clean & thrusters, 5 Deadlifts, and 10 pushups. Finally got to touch a barbell. One time I dropped the barbell at the end of my reps, and Coach reminded me not to do it. Being able to just drop the barbell is luxury to have at my gym.
I felt good after the workout. Today I met Anna, a girl from Australia, who started CrossFit back in February and got totally hooked. She basically took a year off of work, and she's travelling around the world visiting different affiliates everywhere. She was actually at the potluck yesterday at Chikara. I'm sure I'll bump into her again.
I love their routine that everyone takes a cloth and a spray and wash the floor and all the equipment after every session. Great way to keep the gym clean and have some bonding time with each other.


Then I went to Starbucks for some me time. From there, I called my sister if she could come out for a coffee but she needed to take care of some stuff at home, so I was unable to have a chat with her today.

I headed to the hospital to see my dad. "I thought you were not coming today." was what he said. He had the dates a bit mixed up.
I started our usual routine exercise. I noticed that he wasn't willing to do it. He didn't mind me moving his joints, but I couldn't get his attention very well. Need some strategies to motivate him.
His ankles were getting swollen too. I don't know the exact cause or mechanism of edema, but the fact that he's in bed all day and edema is showing in the ankles, it must have a lot to do with lack of mobility and muscle mass.
He told me that today he was put on a wheel chair and he went around the hallway all by himself. He said he doesn't get to do it very often. Some nurses would tell him to do it, others don't.
I had him sit up on the bed again. He complained some pain in the hip joint. He also told me how my mom would push him harder whenever he complained pain. 

I'm facing a challenge here. As long as he stays passive, the change will not happen. I will continue to motivate him and tell him that he, too, is designed to be extraordinary.


Tomorrow my boys and I, along with my sister, will go to Disneyland. It's one of the biggest events in this trip. We will start our day early so I must get well rested.


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿