2013年7月23日火曜日

Day 6

Day 6 : Fatigued and Thunder stormed

I stayed up late last night (again) and slept in this morning. I made breakfast for the kids and decided to lay down for a while, then I ended up sleeping 3 more hours till I was called for lunch. I must really get my sleep in order.

After lunch, I still felt very very tired. One of the kids' friends came over to play and I finally started to do stuff.

Then, on the news comes the thunder storm and flood alert. It still looked okay outside, but if a storm is coming, I should get going. But shortly after, the sky got really dark and it started to pour. Hmm, maybe I'd have to skip my hospital visit today.
When it stopped raining, my mom asked me to do some groceries, so I quickly got that done. I felt better and the weather looked okay, so I headed to the hospital.

As soon as I walked in, my dad asked me to lend him money. It was an odd request, but he just needed to buy more prepaid cards for his TV set. I got him 5 more cards today.
He looked in a better spirit today. He ate all his lunch today, despite he was tired from his dialysis session this morning. He didn't remember what he ate though.
I started the usual exercise. Today I started to add a little bit of resistance. I asked him to push my hand back.
I worked all the way up to his shoulders and neck today. But I did not sat him up today.
What I found out today was that his right leg is stronger than the left. He has a stronger grip in his left hand than the right.
He asked me to help him cross his legs. He put one leg on the other and tried to bend the knees with the legs crossed, but couldn't quite get in a comfortable position. So I helped him get in the position. It turned out that it hurts so much that it won't help him at all.

Today I asked him one big question.
"If you were free from all the conditions you have now, no kidney disease, no dialysis, no medication, and you could walk around on your own feet and do whatever you wanted to do, what would you like to do?"
He said he'd never thought about anything like that. I asked him to think about it and tell me about it tomorrow when I come and see him.
I also asked him where he'd like to visit again if he had a chance. His answer was Hakone. To me, it's totally doable so it'll be added to the list of places to go.

I haven't had a chat with my mom since. Not really sure where to start yet.


My dad looked a bit more lively today.

Tomorrow I'll get up early and take the kids out for a movie. In the afternoon, I'm planning to visit another CrossFit box and train there. Excited.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿