2013年7月19日金曜日

Day 2

Day 2 in Tokyo

My jet-lagged younger boys woke up at 3:50 am this morning and were rocking out their Just Dance moves while my brother was sleeping in the next room. Boys...

Today I took my boys out to see Tokyo Skytree along with my sister. Most schools were not done yet, so I figured it'd be better to check out this popular sightseeing spot before everyone started their vacation. But we had no idea how busy this place would be, so we left at 8:30 am.
I put all my boys in the awesome West London CrossFit T-shirts. Helps me spot my kids in the crowd. My sister is their favourite Japanese aunt.


After a few train rides during the last bit of the rush hour, we made it to this newly built TV tower. It was done last year when we visited Japan but we didn't have the chance to go see it. 


We were right about making this trip today. There was hardly any waiting time anywhere. I've heard that when it's busy, it's over 2 hours waiting time just to buy admission tickets.
We went all the way up to the top deck, stood on the glass floor, took some pictures, had some coffee time, and then took the elevator down to the ground again. It was a beautiful tower, and all the details were amazing. I'm sure it'd look really pretty at the night time.


We had sushi for lunch, which was a huge hit!
Kids were very happy that they got to see the tower and experience the sushi restaurant where all the plates are conveyed on a belt and you can take whatever you want.

There were other attractions there like a planetarium and an aquarium, but we got really tired from walking all morning, so we just headed home.

Dinner was a Korean style BBQ. It was perfect. I love meat and veggies on the grill. Yum.

Tomorrow is going to be a very exciting day for me. I'm dropping in at CrossFit Musashino. Also I'm going to see my dad at the hospital. Things are getting real here.

Two days in and we've accomplished quite a lot already. I'm going to be nice an early so I can start my day early tomorrow.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿