2013年7月28日日曜日

Day 10

Day 10 : Awesome people at CrossFit

I stayed up last night making a video blog and for some reason I could not sleep much last night.
This morning I was planning to go to Chikara CrossFit for group training but I did not have enough time to put all my ducks in order so I cancelled my reservation. We did go to Chikara for the potluck event in the afternoon.
I just loved the atmosphere there. Very international, high in energy, lots of good food, nice conversations. Coach Otoya trained with Kelly Starrett at San Francisco CrossFit, which made me totally jealous. He shared some of his vision about bringing CrossFit to Japan. Coach Moe, who ranked the 7th in the Asia Regional, seemed to have a very high potential and she's aiming to make it to the Games. She is interested in Kids CrossFit, which I think is an awesome idea. Coach Shingo was such a fun guy, engaging everyone into conversation. It was just pure awesome being there. I absolutely highly recommend this place if anyone is looking for a CrossFit affiliate in Tokyo. Coach Otoya asked me if I'd come for training every day while I was in Japan. Maybe not every day but definitely a few more times. My boys enjoyed the time there too. My youngest was all cute and social, and now he is hoping to visit there again.

We headed back to our home station, and I sent my boys home ahead. I went to see my dad from there.

I didn't see him yesterday, and I felt that I actually missed him. Not like I felt bad not showing up, but I actually really missed him.

I got there and my dad greeted me with "You didn't come yesterday." I felt good about it. He is expecting me to come. He is looking forward to seeing me.
We just did the usual chat and exercise.
Today I asked him two questions.
One was whether he wanted to see my mom. He said he did, but he also said that it really upset him that she hadn't shown up. I asked him why he thought that my mom wouldn't come to visit. His answer was "It's because her back still hurts." I said "Yes, that's one reason, but can you think of any other reasons?" He didn't have any idea. He was like "There must be some other reasons, but I can't think of anything I've done that would stop her from coming." He doesn't know how much my mom has to do when he is home, and how little her hard work is appreciated.
The other question was whether he wanted to stand on his feet and walk around on his own again. He said, "Yes, but not right now." I said, "Then when?" There was a pause, and I continued "You will not get ready to stand back up just laying in bed. You have to make a choice and decide to stand up on your feet, and start working toward it. Yes, it will be hard. It will be tiring. But as you go, your body will start adapting. At first it may be only 30 seconds. But gradually the 30 seconds will become a minute. Then a few minutes. It gets longer as you keep working on it." He just smiled a little, and didn't say anything.

I forgot to take a picture again.

Tomorrow I will probably go out for a coffee with my sister. I really want to see what she is thinking. I'm planning to go to Reebok CrossFit Musashino as well.



0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿