2013年7月25日木曜日

Day 8

Day 8 : Looking back and looking forward.

I still had a sore throat and so did my middle son. His fever was down but he wasn't ready for a movie. He said that he'd like to enjoy the popcorn at the theatre so he wanted to have his throat better for the occasion. Funny kid.
I took the boys out to Kichijoji again. They enjoyed "gacha-gacha" at Yodobashi Camera. We had snack at Starbucks. I had an iced Americano with heavy cream. I had to ask for heavy cream in a strange fashion. "The whipping cream that's not whipped."

Since I was already in Kichijoji where my dad's hospital is located, I asked my oldest to take the younger ones home. I like giving them this kind of little adventures here and there.

My dad looked well. He had dialysis this morning, and then he got his system cleaned out. That should have made him feel much better.
I could tell that he had more strength today. He was able to lift his hip much more easily today. I felt confident that I could sit him up today, so I went on and sat him up. It was sooo much easier today. I was getting used to doing this, but it wasn't only that. He looked more stable too. Very very encouraging. I told him it's important to do elevate his head more often so his heart can pump up the blood. I tried to move his spine and there still was one spot that made him yelp. One joint on his upper spine is causing pain. I can't wait to have him checked by a chiropractor in the future. As much as I know how important it is to restore the brain-body connection, this has to wait.
He told me that there was one more food item that he'd like to have if he got to go to Hakone. Unfortunately he couldn't remember what it was. I was happy that he kept thinking about it.
Also he pointed to the nurse who helped him with the enema procedure. After talking about how awesome those nurses are, he did say that he'd like to be able to go to the bathroom by himself.
Any "wants" that come from within, I celebrate.
I had a chance to talk to the care coordinator again. I just asked her what options are available. A lot to think about for sure.
My goal now is to have all my family members on the same page, and work toward the same goal. I will start a chat with my sister first once she gets back from her business trip.
It's been a week here, and I'm proud of myself how much I can focus on the positives, and I can just ignore any negative talk from my dad. 



Tomorrow if the kids are feeling better, I will take them to the movie.
Also, I contacted Dr. Sachio at Cafe of Life Tokyo. I might squeeze in an appointment tomorrow evening.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿