2013年8月4日日曜日

Day 17

Day 17 : Focus on living it

Holy smokes it's Day 17. My stay here in Japan is for 35 days, so it's already at halfway point. Wow.

I've been feeling terribly tired and not really focused. Last night I couldn't really sleep either. Then I realized that it was because I wasn't really living my Life By Design to its full potential.

So I decided to refocus myself and make the next 2 weeks plan more in detail. My challenge for the next week is to have the meals planned and make them myself.

Today I took the boys out for shopping. They got some new DS games and the oldest got a new pair of shoes (he keeps growing...). Then I did some groceries and bought some steak meat and veggies. I quickly dropped off the grocery and headed to see my dad.

He was still suffering from a fever but he looked better today. He already finished dinner.
I told him some funny stories of my boys, and he laughed a little, then he started to cough. He got lots of phlegm and couldn't really clear it out by himself, and he ended up choking. His immune system was suppressed. It was kind of a scary moment.

He mentioned the possibility of moving to a different hospital like his friend had suggested, and said "But I think it's hard to make that happen because I've been under care at this hospital for so long." I said "It's possible. You just need to choose. It'll be hard for YOU, because it's YOU who is going to go through all the change."

I told him to have some happy thoughts. He said, "No, I can't. I keep thinking about my disease." There, Life By Design Step 1. Focus on what's strong, not what's wrong.

Then I asked him why he thought he ended up here. His answer was "It's all because of your mother." Yes, it was THAT direct. Shocking. No wonder why my mom has been so upset and angry. Again, I explained how much my mom had to do while my dad was home. Life By Design Step 2. No one is coming to save you.

Lastly I asked him one more question, "What do you think you need to do so that you can go home and live with the family again?" He said "Exercise." All right then. Once he gets better, he'll be doing more exercise for sure. 

Funny story today. My middle son asked me to get Pantene shampoo. I asked him why and he said, "Because water could damage your hair too!" "Oh, is that what they say on the commercial?" "Yes."
Later on, I told him that instead of trying to protect your hair from water using shampoo, it's better to grow healthy hair that can adapt to the water. He looked a little upset.

I thought this was a perfect example of everything being backwards. 


Tomorrow I'm going to Reebok CrossFit Musashino for a WOD session. 

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿