2013年8月4日日曜日

Day 18

Day 18 : Girl power!!

I slept in again today but felt much better. Had breakfast, put things together, made lunch for the kids, and headed out for training at Reebok CrossFit Musashino.

Today's WOD was 4 rounds of 5 Squat Cleans, 24 KB swings, 2 Handstands. We had 8 min time cap + additional rounds with 1:30 time cap each. Coach Miki said he wanted us to feel the fast pace of CrossFit. Anna and I had barbells, and the guys used dumbbells and kettlebells. I hadn't done the clean movement since my shoulder injury, so I was petty excited that I finally got to do it. I finished my first 4 rounds well under the time cap, and I was able to complete one extra round plus 14 KB swings. Then we went outside for the second WOD. It was 100 m sprint EMOM for 10 min. Coach Miki laughed at the fact the girls used heavier weights than the guys today. Girl power!!


Then I headed to Kichijijo, had a quick lunch, then went to see my dad. He looked much better today, but he started with "I was waiting for you. There are a few things I want you to do for me." It was basically just about moving things around so he could reach them.
He talked about the nurse that he didn't like and how she "bullied" him every day. He is like my 5 year old son, in the sense that whenever someone tells him not to do something, he doesn't actually hear what is being told. He only hears "Don't" and he gets upset. I just told him to think about the other nice nurses instead.
He also told me that one of his friends visited him today. He brought some Japanese sweets, and it was so sweet that it made my dad really thirsty. He said he'd like some yogurt instead. I'd rather give him some bone broth jello.
I did our routine exercise and at the end for the first time, my dad said "Let me sit up." Way to go!! It was a huge win. I told him I was very happy, gave him thumbs up and high fives. It was a great moment.
Yes, my dad gets trapped in negative thoughts. He has a tendency to choose the easy way and have others take care of everything. But I still believe that if we communicate in a proper way with positive feedback and support, he would start seeing the world differently.


After the hospital visit, I did some groceries and went home. My mom was having a nap. She got up once but I told her that I'd make dinner, so she went back to bed. I made my go-to meat sauce over cabbage, and my younger two boys were not very happy with it. Hmm...

Tomorrow I will start working on some little jobs here and there that need to be done.



0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿