2013年8月19日月曜日

Day 31 & 32

Day 31 & 32 : Wrapping up my CrossFit journey in Tokyo

Day 31: CrossFit Chikara
I missed my regular Wednesday training because we went to Nagano, and I wasn't sure if I could squeeze another session at Chikara next week before we leave for Canada, so I decided to go on Saturday.
Apparently it's very busy there on Saturdays. They have 4 classes and they were pretty much all full.
We did max effort box jump. I missed my attempt for 35 inches and scraped my left shin. Oops. I think I can jump high but I'm not fast enough to bring my feet up.
Then we did 7 rounds of 7 pull-ups, 7 box jumps, and 7 DB ground to overhead. I was paired up with a woman from California. I got to rest while my partner was doing her rounds, so it wasn't too bad. I got to meet some new people who either just moved to Tokyo or just dropped in. I definitely have to bring my husband along next time.
I took some pictures with the group and Coach Shingo. Awesome.




Then I went to see my dad. On Friday I asked him if I could bring my kids to the hospital before we left for Canada, and he thought I would be bringing them on Saturday. He looked a bit disappointed when I showed up just by myself. Apparently he was telling the nurses that his grandsons were coming and was excited about getting on a wheelchair and chatting with them in the lounge. He was so disappointed that he didn't want to sit up on bed for me. Oh well.


Day 32 : Reebok CrossFit Musashino
Today was Sunday and I went to train at Musashino. It was my first time training for two days in a row. Wahoo! When I contacted Coach Miki last night, he was like "We were wondering where you were!!" because I didn't show up yesterday. It was kinda cool to see that I was already a staple there on weekends.
Today's menu was more focused on mobility. Then the WOD was 3 rounds of 15 power cleans and 20 DB clean & thrusters. I was paired up with Anna. She was very strong and did her cleans unbroken.
I stayed for a bit after training and chatted with Coach Miki. He said that it was nice to have some "experienced" crossfitter in class. I felt very flattered.
I also took some pictures with them.
I sure am going to miss them a lot.




Then I had a quick late lunch, spent some time in a coffee shop, and headed to see my dad.
He's been eating well for the last few days. He didn't complain about the hip pain today while exercising. He also told me that the nurse pointed out that he had some urination today. According to him, it was his first time for a long time. I'm not sure if I should be excited about it, but I guess seeing any kind of normal physiological response is a good sign.
Today I told him one important thing. I told him that it would be a process before he could actually come home. It depends on how much he can improve after rehabilitation, and also depends on how ready his family members will be, especially my mother. I told him that she is not only injured but also very emotionally hurt. She needs time to recover and be ready to have him home again. He didn't say anything.
He didn't want to sit up today, so I just had him on his side and massaged along his spine. I asked him to be ready to sit in a wheelchair when I bring my boys to him on Tuesday. 

Tomorrow, my mom and I will go and check out the home we are hoping to move my dad to. We are taking the boys along, so we've decided to make it a big day trip. If everything goes well, we might be able to hit the beach on our way back. 






0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿