2013年8月8日木曜日

Day 21

Day 21 : Pancake bomb

I should really go get checked soon...

Today I woke up, made breakfast, and did some things around the house, then noticed that my middle son had some tummy issue. I suspected that his body was reacting to all the crap he ate yesterday. I reminded myself that I needed to really get back on track.
But I failed to plan accordingly. So I ended up failing. When I got back home from training and the usual hospital visit, there was an iMessage from my oldest that I never received. He said that the middle one was unusually upset and aggressive, and that his thought was it was something to do with the pancake that their grandma made for lunch.
The middle one continued to have some tummy issues for the rest of the day, and even the other ones were a bit gassy.
I thought I made it clear not to feed my kids any wheat. I thought my mom accepted it. But I failed to make sure that my kids would be fed well.
I never explained in the way that my middle son is especially sensitive to the wheat. I did not make it sound like it was a problem specific to him. It might have been easier if I had said more like he is really sensitive and that is why we all avoid certain foods. But it's just simply not true.
Again I need to revise my strategies...
The cool part of this story is that my oldest actually made connection between the pancake and his brother's unusual mood. I mean, how many 13 year olds would every say that?

All this happened while I was busy training and meeting my dad. I went to CrossFit Chikara. I got to do some snatch, and back squat, so I was very pleased. I was very confused with the weight in metric, and felt kinda sad because all the numbers get smaller. LOL. I just used the 15 kg bar for snatch. After the session, Coach Shingo said, "Shoko-san, you are strong!!" It made my day. Coach Otoya, although I was not aware that he was watching the training, said that my hip joint is tight and my knees get pushed past my toes. I'll keep that in mind and work on my hip mobility.


I went back to my home station, had some green curry for late lunch, and then headed to the hospital.

My dad seemed like he was in a better mood today. He said he was on a wheel chair for a while. When I asked him if he went around the hallway, he said no, because he didn't feel like it. He didn't want to sit up with me either. He needed to be motivated.
I told him that I believe his body still has the ability to get better, and for his body to get better, he must give his body what it needs. But unless he wants to get better, unless he decides to change, no one can make him better. It's his own body that is going to heal itself.
At first, he rejected. He said there's not much he can do about it. But I said the same thing one more time, he raised his feet and moved them by himself.
Unlike his statement, I see so many things that need to be done. At this moment, any movement is a plus for him, but if he wants to see any results, he needs to have a program, a strategy, a good coach, family to support and encourage him, consistent work and time. It's not going to be easy, though he doesn't seem to think so. Haha.

Still a lot to be figured out here. I really need to make time to talk with my family.

Tomorrow I will take my boys out to the Oedo Onsen hot spring. Should be fun.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿